Continual learning is at the core of Bluprint’s coaching staff. Whether it’s reading studies, articles, or attending seminars; learning allows us to create an environment where athletes crush their goals! I got the chance to go to the CrossFit Powerlifting Certificaiton at CrossFit Chicago last weekend and wanted to share my “TOP-10 Takeaways”. Check em out below. Note: these are in no particular order of importance.
- Speed Strength is essential for ALL sports.
- The body adapts to heaviest stress placed upon it.
- Get strong as f*ck to make metcon weights a low percentage of your 1RM. By doing so your stabilizer muscles will fatigue at a much slower rate.
- Build a strong back!
- Miss lifts rarely: This teaches a successful mindset, means you are lifting at an appropriate weight, and decreases recovery time.
- The best OH pressers have a strong bench press.
- Train grip in two ways: 1) strength endurance & 2) max strength.
- Conditioning is imperative to strength.
- The quality of accessory work is what separates good programming from great programming. Accessory work should be 70-80% of your training.
- The best athletes RECOVER better than the rest.